Friday, February 12, 2010

Do cats actually catch mice and or rats? If you've ever had a cat, has yours ever caught one of either rodent

Yes, my cat has caught multiple mice.Do cats actually catch mice and or rats? If you've ever had a cat, has yours ever caught one of either rodent
Yeah, I get snakes, lizards, mice, birds, and anything else you can think of on my porch and floor!Do cats actually catch mice and or rats? If you've ever had a cat, has yours ever caught one of either rodent
Pesonal experience, I have only see a cat catch a mouse or chipmunk when it was hurt. I have seen a dog however take out a mouse pretty fast.
some cats are natural mousers. in fact, we have a siamese who continues to bring in small rodents. oh.. and she also brings in the occasional earth worm!!
Yes. She caught a humongous rat in the garden...No more rats around after that. She also catches lizards, mice and sometimes, but rarely, birds.
Our old cat would catch mices, rats, snakes and birds and leave them right in the front door ... We would often open the front door everyday just to make sure there is no dead animals there since we leave the house thru the garage ... I wouldnt want any of our friends to stop by and freak out seeing a dead animal(s)





One time my dad saw a big fat rat that ran inside our house and he went to get our cat and left her in the den ... She caught it but wouldn't drop it til she went outside and dropped it in the front door ...
yea cats do that my cats would catch and leave them somewhere so we could see what they did its more of them leaving you a present to show how loyal they are
yes, i had 2 cats who both caught mice, but they first play with them, then kill them. They don't eat them actually because they are poisenous.
Cats catch all types of things.They even catch lizzards spiders roaches and frogs and little boys who want leave them alone
Yes, I had a cat that caught mice and birds... would leave them on the porch for us.
Yes they do and the cat will bring them to you as if it's a present!
yeah. like all cats have at least caught one mouse or rat.
yes they do .


i had a cat that used to catch them and line them up on my sidewalk so i could see them,
yeah cats really catch rats and mice. Somewhere last week my dad and i went camping with our cat. I had a little walk around with my cat. The next minute he runs of and comes back with two rats in it's mouth!
Mine have never caught a rat but we have had lots of mice,voles and birds.


I know of a stable cat who regularly brings in rabbits and squirrels as well as rats, mice and only occasional birds - she is a serious hunter.


If you actually want a cat to catch mice you need a female - they're like lions in that, the males will do it for fun now and then, the females see it as their job.
In the winter, my cat keeps my house free of mice. She only leaves a small piece of the mouse to let us know she got one. We have found tails, ears, tuft of fur, kidney, and a foot. She eats the rest. GOOD KITTY! :-)





My dog also catches mice, birds, squirrels, rabbits, moles, voles, and she got an opossum!
well yes many times but i still love him. he brings be dead mice and rats. Well because he is an outdoor cat and i live right next to the farm. he also brings us dead squirls.
Cats love hunting small prey -- mine like to hunt anything smaller than themselves and they're excellent at catching them.
yes they do. my cat has numerous times, and not just mice but rabbits, moles, chipmunks, frogs, and birds.
yea mine has and left it on my bed to show me!
My cats catch Moles, voles, and birds.
Cats do catch rodents and birds and other prey animals. Most of the time when they play with a feather or a ball, a piece of string, they're actually (unconciously?) practicing for real prey. Their bodies still have memories of being wild and hunting for their own food and all.
Yes. they are brought to you as a present... My cat liked to catch chipmucks too. Now she is to old.
My outside cat caught mice all the time. I mostly see that cats that are live a good majority of their life indoors will catch and play with a mouse but do not know what to do with it after that.
Yes they do... in fact my neighbors cat was just playing with a mouse it had caught this morning.
Yes. My cats usually just catch and kill mice and birds and then bring it to me and leave it as a gift for me.
I had a cat that used to catch mice, moles, birds, and snakes, and bring them all into the house.
Of course! That's why farmers keep so many. They also kill weasels, possums, ferrets, rabbits, and other small animals. Cats will eat anything they can catch.
Yes, they sometimes bring them to the step to share with me...so kind! Other times, they bring it to the driveway and just leave the gross stuff behind.... ick!
Yeah they can catch mice, rats, chipmunks, squirrels even birds. My father-in-laws cats both constantly catch stuff outside, but not so much in the house. I don't know if they have mice or not though. They really don't catch them to eat but more to play. They just fling them in the air and catch them and do that over and over until they die. However last week Ozzy brought in a bird from the outside and it wasn't quite dead yet so that was interesting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment