Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's a small but hearty, strong, not easily killed rodent i can get to serve as my cat's plaything?

want something that won't die





don't mind taking care of it in rodent box/food/etc





needs to be hearty enough to serve as cat's amusement several times per dayWhat's a small but hearty, strong, not easily killed rodent i can get to serve as my cat's plaything?
I'd be looking at a Kangaroo too - maybe a wallaby if space is an issue.





As much as I think ferrets are cute I don't think one would last too long with a catWhat's a small but hearty, strong, not easily killed rodent i can get to serve as my cat's plaything?
kangaroo
About the only rodent that would probably do okay with a cat would be a ferret. However, I'd recommend you get a battery operated cat toy. Almost any store will one have.





Really depends on what your cat is like. If you get something living be very careful, cats are hunters and even if they don't mean to they might hurt it.





Most of the time if you just get cats some normal cat toys they're fine.





If your cats just really bored I'd recommend these:





-Battery/Remote rat.


-Cubes (They're cloth boxes with a wire frame that has 3 openings and a string hanging from the ';top'; of the box for them to play with/in. They can roll it around like a exercise wheel or just lounge in them. If you find the right brand (which I really can't remember off the top of my head) you can even connect multiple cubes to make tunnels.)


-Tunnels (Very similar to the tunnels used in dog agility. Some are open ended some aren't. They're great if your cat likes to burrow)


-Climbing post (Cat's normally love to climb. Might have to go to a pet store to get one of these)


-Another Cat (I'd recommend a second cat before a rodent to entertain a cat really. Seems like it could be cruel to the rodent).
I think that would be another cat. They like to play together with out one being eaten at some point.
Try a remote controlled car or robot mouse. fun for the both of you without terrifying some poor rat.
Get a plastic ball that has a bell in it.


Any rodent that your cat would play with will eventually get killed.
I have the answer to your question. I recommend a Ferret. They are very fun and very playfull critters. Good Luck
So you just want the cat to be able to abuse it, scare it to death, but not kill it? Get a TOY mouse. Doing what you're thinking as cruel and barbaric.





If you want your cat to be amused then PLAY with it. Get feather/tinsel wand toys you can wave and the cat can chase. Lure toys like the Cat Catcher or Da Bird.





edit: um, people, ferrets AREN'T rodents - they're carnivores just like cats are. And as far as one ';not lasting long'; with a cat? LOL!!! If anything the cat would be more in trouble. Ferrets and cats actually can get along quite well and they'll also play together. But I'm not suggesting this person get a ferret as they hardly seem responsible enough to take on as high maintenance as a ferret. They just want a ';toy'; for their cat. Here's my cat Percy playing with a few of my ferrets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFG8eGHDU鈥?/a>
guinea pig might work. but make sure to monitor them at all times, you never know when your cat might just turn a little annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment