Sunday, February 7, 2010

I want a small pet (rodent). What type should I get?

I do not want a hamster.I want a small pet (rodent). What type should I get?
guinea pigs, rats, mice or gerbils


1. they are affectionnate and do not mind being held I have two


2they are clean, very affectionnate and most people will tell you the rest


3they are cheap, not going to be snake food and can be entertained by anything


4 they are social and fun to look at when they are awakeI want a small pet (rodent). What type should I get?
I am going to have to say guinea pig. I have one. Guinea pigs are some of the most social animals. She knows me and can tell if I am coming. THey are very loveable
You should pick a rat, but if you do make sure you get 2! A single rat will get very lonely on it's on :( I have 2 rats and they'r great, i love them :D
chinchilla
rats make the best pets ! go to the petstore and save one from the feeder tank!
RAT RAT RAT the best pet
I have a few fancy mice, they make good pets. They're pretty easy to keep and you can get some pretty cool looking ones. Really cheap, too, like 2 bucks or so.
A CHINCHILLA OR A HEDGEHOG MAKE GOOD PETS
get a rat!!!! There awesome and cuddly


I have one rat now- he's the best!!!
Syrian Hamsters are the only rodents which are solitary. You will have to get two or more of just about any other rodent.





Of all the rodents that I have owned, rats are by far my favorite! They are very smart, friendly, and each have unique personalities. They do require wire cages, which can be expensive, and you have to change the cage once a week. You also really need to get two rats.





If rats aren't for you, consider getting gerbils. They are very clean, since their urine doesn't have a lot of ammonia in it. You'll need to get two of the same gender (up to three if they are males) and from the same cage/litter. Very young gerbils can be introduced to other very young gerbils, but this can be tricky. They can be kept in a glass tank, and need a ton of bedding to dig in (at least half the cage full). I have a ';tank topper'; for my gerbil - which is like a wire cage that attaches on top of a glass tank.





Good luck on finding a couple new rodent friends!
You should get a rat or mouse
Mouse! they are sooo nice and easy to keep!
I think you should get a hamster becuz they are sooooo luvin when u hold them for a long time so suggest u get one that is not mean but is medium nice and u can train it by holdin it (girls are easier to take care of) so it can get used to people.
get a rat or mouse because they usually don't bite and our really cute and tame.
You should get a Syrian hamster and I don't care what you said. My first Syrian hamster was Jake and he was the best, he had an organ fail or something like that, but he was so friendly and never bit once although he died after six months :(. We now have Fearne and she is lovely as well although she was VERY shy at the beginning. She trusts my little sister so much that she will climb onto her shoulder and refuse to get down as well as constantly licking her cheek! They live on their own but in a way thats better as they love you more instead of their room-mates. They require little cleaning out and lots of hugs! ^-^





You could also get a rat as they are cute, highly intelligent and friendly even though lots of people think they are ugly. One of my friends has two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment