Friday, February 12, 2010

Do rats get along with any other rodent besides other rats?

No, different rodents don't usually do well with rats. I have heard of people having their guinea pigs play with their rats, but that was really taking a risk. Rats will most likely get in fights with hamsters, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs, rabbits, chins, and ferrets (though ferrets aren't rodents). And NEVER keep them in the same cage with a different species of rodent. They do best with other RAT friends.Do rats get along with any other rodent besides other rats?
No not at all! Rats are natural predators, and I have read that if you were to put another animal in with a rat there is a possibility that the rats instincts would kick in and it could kill it! I say don't risk it! I read this lady had a loose pet bird and the rats killed it and began to eat it, I don't know how rare this is!Do rats get along with any other rodent besides other rats?
No, it's not a good idea to mix rodent specices together.
Well I think you should keep your rat either with other rats or on its own...

No comments:

Post a Comment