Friday, February 12, 2010

I want a pet for my birthday. Its a rodent my mom thinks they all stink, but do they?

Over the course of the past 30 years, we have had rodents galore! Some may strongly disagree, but the only ones that really stink up a room are hamsters! Don't know why, maybe their pee is stronger or something.


If you want a pet, try one of the feeder type mice at the pet shop. You'll need a tight screen top for the cage, as they escape very easily. The nice thing is that they don't bite, don't stink, and can be trained quite easily! The down side is that they also don't live very long, as compared to say, a rat.


Gerbils are ok, but keep in mind that they are nocturnal. So get used to thinking how cute they are while they sleep, and remove their wheel before you go to bed.





For the health of your rodent, please remember:


keep the cage clean


keep the water and food fresh and plentiful


give them limited but regular fresh veggies!





That's all I got! Happy birthday, and enjoy your new pet!I want a pet for my birthday. Its a rodent my mom thinks they all stink, but do they?
Not really, I had one when I was little. Just keep it and the cage clean.I want a pet for my birthday. Its a rodent my mom thinks they all stink, but do they?
i used to have an albino dwarf hamster, and the only thing he smelled like was the cedar shavings i put at the bottom of his cage. as long as you keep it clean and replace the shavings often enough, it shouldn't smell.
you could get an African Soft Fured Rat. they are sweet, grow to the size of a gerbil, dont stink ( but no rodents stink if they are healthy and they have clean cages ) and they are vary loving. I own two females and i love them to death. Their names are Hadley and Amy. and they are the cutest, funniest, lovinest, non smelliest rodents i have ever had!
males stink females dont,its a bit like real humans (if you know what i mean) lol
no...not usually...it counts on your responsibility on KEEPING it clean...and if your mom still refuses even when you say that you'll be responsible...develop a point system...im doing that and every chore has a different value of points...the hardest ones with the most points...im doing this to get a rat right now...oh and say that you have to get 300 points for your mom to give you permission...and tell her that she doesnt have to clean it...and that you will...hope that helped!
only if u dont change ther cages for more thana week.promise.iv had 4 rats in my lifetime :D
ok see you have the same problem as me my dad said i can have one but i have to keep him outside! im going to tell him begg him to say yes to my room any ways its going to be my room i will clean it if it stinks
Only if you don't clean their cage.
oh god yes.





but don't tell her that or she wont let you have one.
only if you keep the cage clean then it wont stink at all.








goodluck!
They do if you don't clean their cage for more than 4 days
No. I recommend a gerbil. They are clean, very gentle, have no odor and fun to play with. They adapt well to be handled by humans as well.
The pet itself wont stink like how your mom thinks but it will smell a little like bedding.


It will start to smell if u don change the bedding often enough
gerbils arent supposed to stink, and theyre adorable :)
I clean my rats' cage once a week, and visitors say they can't smell a thing. They're surprised because they think rodents are supposed to stink too.
rodents are actuallu very clean. the only time you will have an odor is if you do not change the cage
Rats are the worst with smell. I would go with a Hamster or Guine Pig and just make sure you keep the cage clean
You know what, i thought so too until I bought a Guinea Pig, and he doesn't stink at all. I clean his cage about once a week, but that night before I clean his cage and it looks dirty enough... it doesn't really stink at all.





The thing is that I have a wire cage, and it's very open, so the smell doesn't build up. If you have a closed in tank (which I don't recommend for the health of the pet, anyway), you're really gonna smell it when you open the lid.





Just clean its cage once a week and you should be fine.
No so long as you keep there cages clean then they will never start to smell.
They don't have to. You just have to clean their cages regularly. I cleaned my hamster and mice cages once a week. I dumped the stuffing and food, rinsed and dryed the cgae, then put new stuffing in the cage. It doesn't take long to keep them clean.
ohhh mothers are alwyas saying stuff like that!!! No they do not stink!! but mice and sometimes rats do unless you clean there cage often! bunnies guinea pigs and gerbils are a great idea! But u gotta clean there cages every now and then and they want stink!! or maybe sudgest to your mum you can keep it outside in a hutch!! Rember mums are always trying to think of anything to say NO! lmao
Not as long as you dont keep the litter cleaned, I dont think it would stink too much.
ask for a dawrf ive had 4 and they don't smell
no they will if u dont clean thier cage often.


(once every1-3 weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment