Friday, February 12, 2010

What rodent is the funnest? Your opinion...?

Ok I am going to get a rodent like next year , so I still have a lot of time but which rodent is the funnest in your opinion... A hamsters,mouse,rat,or guinea pig. I had a hamster before she was really fun like she can go in a hamster ball and a hamster wheel, can other rodents that I named can do that?What rodent is the funnest? Your opinion...?
Rats are awesome. Not only can they run on wheels and go in very large ';hamster balls'; they are very intelligent and affectionate.





I have had many many rats over the years and greatly enjoyed every one of them. I had one that loved to climb on her cage upside down. I had another that would empty all the things he didn't want in his cage daily in his food dish because he knew I would take it out and change it every day. I had one (my favorite) that would chase the cat when she came out in her ball. Best of all each and every one of them loved to sit on my shoulders, cuddle and play.. they are awesome pets. I can't speak highly enough of them.What rodent is the funnest? Your opinion...?
Rats
I think a bald ';beaver'; is the most fun ; )
I had a guinea pig for six and a half years. That's one of the advantages of guinea pigs, a relatively long life expectancy. They shouldn't be put in exercise balls. They aren't built for it and can sustain serious back injuries. But they like running around on the floor in a safe room (no electrical cords or other hazards).





Mice are intelligent, inquisitive, social little creatures. I've had them too. Some run in exercise balls, some never figure it out. I used the hamster sized ball, to leave room for the tail.





Rats are very sociable and form strong emotional bonds with cage-mates and human caretakers. They are bigger than mice and therefore more cuddly. You would think a bigger animal would smell worse, but rats actually smell less musky than mice. Of course keep the cage clean. A dirty cage stinks whoever is living in it. I bought a jumbo exercise balls for my rats, and they're afraid of it. I keep trying, but so far they won't go in willingly, and if placed inside, they don't go anywhere. They don't have a blast zooming all over the house like my hamster.





I think rats and mice are slightly more fun than hamsters, and on about the same level as guinea pigs. But I love them all.
Capybaras, they are the world's largest rodents!
just go to google and research rodents as pets, you can learn alot about them that way





I have had many hamsters, and have found them a rewarding pet, but im now getting a rat, because they are very smart, and playful, so id say a rat is the best rodent to have because they are very clean, smary, playful, can learn their names and do tricks. And since you like the hamster ball so much, you would prolly love taking a rat on a walk outside on a rat leash.
guinia pig.. they can go in balls to..
All other animals you mentioned can do but the mouse might not be able to use a ball because of it's size. Have you considered a Chinchilla or a hedgehog?
my favorite rodent pet is gerbils. i have 2 and in my opinion they are better than hamsters. they can go in a ball and have a wheel too.


here are 2 great sites about them:


http://homepage.mac.com/kyleekay/care/pr鈥?/a>


http://www.twinsqueaks.com/index.html
The guinea pig. I hate their little faces and their little cry.
A rat. they are very smart and usually live longer. Dumbos are my favorite. They are very comical. They can run on wheels and in large rodent balls.
I would say that hamsters are more fun.If you want a hamster that you can watch it be active,then I would suggest you get a robo dwarf hamster.I have 6 of them.They are so sweet.They would never bite.They are very small which makes them very cute.They can go in hamster balls and hamster wheels since they are very active.They are always fun to watch.You can go to http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~neesohye/dwarfrob鈥?/a> to find some photos of them.I really hope you get a robo dwarf hamster because they are very fun and a very kind pet.


Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment