Friday, February 12, 2010

Ultra sound rodent repellents?

Does anyone know if these repellents work? I have been told that they do, but the people who have told me say that they haven't had mice in their house since they fitted them, but how do they know that it was a result of the repellents, as it could just be that mice didn't come into their house. The ads for these repellents state that they do not effect household pets, however, if they emit a high freqency sound that rodents hear I do not understand how dogs and cats are not effected by this soundUltra sound rodent repellents?
It sounds like these types of repellents are not worth the money. Here are two quotes from the link below:





';Ultrasonic pest repelling devices have repeatedly been shown to be completely useless.” University of Florida





“Ultrasonic treatment devices (such as ultrasonic flea collars) claimed to rid homes of pests are completely ineffective.” University of North Dakota





Save your money for some traps or a cat.Ultra sound rodent repellents?
Save your money - they are abosolutely useless. I had a couple and I still got a mice problem. My friend's cat was completely unaffected during the time I looked after it.
I bought one for a house i lived at but the loft stayed infested with mice. Guess they don't work
I have one.





It does'nt have any effect on our dog or other peoples dog's that come to the house.





Not sure if it got rid of the mice as we used other methods at the same time as we had a big mouse problem due to local building work.
Mine works well.It also keeps away moths and spiders etc.
I bought 3 of these when we bought our house. Truthfully, I don't think it has done much of anything. We have tons of moths and spiders and a mouse here and there. But it has not bothered our pets as far as I can tell.





The best remedy against rodents is a cat! But it needs to be inside, otherwise it defeats the purpose.





Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment