Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Have a dead rodent in my wall. how can i get ride of oder?

tear down the wallHave a dead rodent in my wall. how can i get ride of oder?
(duh) Remove the animalHave a dead rodent in my wall. how can i get ride of oder?
You can't. I had one that I couldn't find and it was horrible. I eventually had to tear down the drywall and get rid of it that way. Think about it, it is dead decaying animal. Get rid of it as soon as possible.
If you have an attic, you can pour lime in between the wall framing, IF you know where the dead critter is. I had an old house with very little insulation and could weasle the powder in between the framing along the edges of the attic floor. Even if you open up the drywall, you might not find it, though.





I would definitely go on a hunt to determine where it got in and seal that entry. Mine was the attic where there were no animal guards, he just fell right down through the wall upon entry because it was open.
You can't unless you can directly pin point the location and actually get to it to get rid of it. Sorry.
My hubby and I had the same problem years ago. Unless you are willing to tear your wall up to get the dead varmit out, You just have to live with it until it totally decays. We moved the head of our bed away from that wall and used very strong air freshener and candles.
febreeze
Sorry, unless you know the exact location and are ready to rip down the wall, you will have to wait for the little body to decompose in the wall-depending on what exactly it is- a mouse vs. a squirrel-it will probably take a month or so. It will go away and it will get worse before it gets better!! Try one of those plug in air fresheners.
  • fake myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment