Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is the best type of pet rodent???

My dog just died two weeks ago, and I finally got over it. I decided to get an other pet, and I thought a rodent would be cool. I want to know is best, in three catagories:


-Cost


-Cuteness


-Friendliness


Thanks!


Keep in mind, i need something that won't freak out my wife!What is the best type of pet rodent???
Cost (i guess u mean best bang for your buck)- Ferret


Cuteness- Guinea Pig or Rabbit or Ferret


Friendliness- Ferret





**Any of those choices are fun, cute, and don't cost too muchWhat is the best type of pet rodent???
i know there not rodents but rabbits are awesome there not really expensive exept for spay and neuteur which can range from 50 to 100 bucks and you HAVE to do it theyre cute friendly and can hop around the house
COST:


Hamsters and mice are some of the cheapest rodents to raise, and just about any small-to-medium-sized wire cage on the market will suit them perfectly.





CUTENESS:


I'll let you be the judge--


Hamster: http://www.petwebsite.com/hamsters/hamst鈥?/a>


Rat: http://realityshifters.com/media/superra鈥?/a>


Mouse: http://www.fancymice.info/broken2.jpg


Gerbil: http://www.petoffice.co.jp/mbl/ph/zukan/鈥?/a>


Guinea pig: http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/鈥?/a>


Degu: http://www1.freewebs.com/rspca_medway_we鈥?/a>


Chinchilla: http://www.wildthings-explorations.com/C鈥?/a>





FRIENDLINESS:


Rats, easily, are more friendly than any other rodent. They form strong bonds with people, and are very loving and intelligent creatures. They do need a large cage, though.





I've heard that chinchillas and guinea pigs can be affectionate as well, although I haven't owned them. Hamsters, in particular, are quite unfriendly and are not social animals.





Overall, I'd recommend a pair of rats (so they can keep eachother company)--if your wife doesn't mind them, that is =). Show her the picture above (it's extremely cute) if she has any doubts.
Rats are my answer.





They're VERY sociable, clean and cuddly. The cost range of a rat set up would be about $100-$150.





They are playful as well, but I'd recommend getting two females instead of females as males tend to be a bit smellier. Also the male's ';privates'; might freak her out!





I personally think they are the best choice you'd just have to convince your wife otherwise!
um well i was going to say rat but then i thought that would freak out your wife, so then im going to have to say a chinchilla--those are the cutest things in the whole world. they are expensive tho
Well, I would say mouse, but I don't know if that would ';freak out you're wife.'; haha





Probably a hamster of a gerbil.


They cost the same, they don't cost like anything, except when you first get them. Cause you have to get all the stuff.





They are both cute.





Being nice all depends on the personality of the critter. Dwarf hamsters are mean and Syrian (teddy, golden and long-haired) hamsters can be nice but they can also be mean. Same with gerbils. But gerbils are jumpier.
Sorry about your loss.But maybe should think about getting a rabbit they make great pets and can even be litter box trained.
I own a chinchilla and they are super smart .2 he has gotten out of the house and has come back and you can teach them stuff my chinchilla knows tag


they are super nice an lovable


You should get one
Once your wife gets used to it, a rat is really the perfect pet. I've had plenty of hamsters-gerbils-mice-and rats and the only ones that have never bitten me or failed me have been the rats....incredibly socialable, loving, can be taught tricks, they don't go to the bathroom all over you and are VERY personable......solid winners ;-)
I already answered this question the first time you asked it, so i copy and pasted it, because i strongly strongly believe in what i wrote!





I have had guinea pigs, hampsters, and gerbils, and without a doubt you should get a guinea pig. I disliked my two hampsters becuase they never never want to cuddle with you. They will squirm to run free when held. Same goes for gerbils. Then i got a guinea pig. They are sweet and affectionate, but require a bit more attention than hampsters or gerbils.





I absolutely love guinea pigs. I have had three and did lots of research, so i know what i am talking about. I originally got guinea pigs because they are the one of the few rodents that will sit and cuddle with you. i had previously had hampsters and was sick of them running all over me and never showing me any real affection or desire to be cuddled. I fist had one male guinea pigs, and with one guinea pig, you should try to spend at least one hour with them a day. it may sound like a lot, but 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there, and before you know it, you have already spent like 2 hours with them! I now have two female guinea pigs and i dont need to spend nearly as much time with them, but i do any way, because they are addictively cute! Once they become comfortable with you, they will sit on your lap and be petted and loved for hours. My start up supplies cost about 130.00- 150.00 including my two guinea pigs. I get them vitamin C drops for their water, (ABSOLUTELY MUST GIVE THEM SOME KIND OF VITAMIN C SUPPLEMENT due to the fact that they can get scurvy!!!) which are $8.00 and lasts for several months. also you need to get them hay, about $10.00 every 1-2 months, and pellets $3-5 every 2 months, and shavings $7-10 every 1-2 months. for any information you could ever want visit this site. http://www.diddly-di.fsnet.co.uk/index.h鈥?/a>
Hamsters Will do it

No comments:

Post a Comment