Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whats the friendliest rodent?

i'm looking for a rodent that is very friendly, and won't bite. i would like to hold it a lot also.Whats the friendliest rodent?
A dwarf hamster or a gerbel. They are very small and it's easy to gain their trust.Whats the friendliest rodent?
Actually...I own a gerbil, and she HATES to be held. If you want something to hold and cuddle, a gerbil, at least from what I've experienced, is not the way to go.

Report Abuse



Any rodent who is tamed properly will not bite, unless for a reason.


If you provoke someone, obviously they would react in some way which is the same for rodents who will bite when theyre scared.


I've heard that hamsters bite for no reason sometimes but I've never owned them so I'm not sure. Otherwise, they are very cute and friendly.


If you are looking for one which you can bond with, for a rat. If you just want something fun to watch and handle, you can get a gerbil or mouse.
I would say a guinea pig because they do not do the following (which others do)





Mice- make great pets (i even have one!!!) BUT they are quite jumpy and if you would like to hold it chances are it will jump out of your hand or sneak out of its cage! Although they rarely bite!








Hamsters- (I have had one) and you can hold them and they rarely bite BUT they do jump, run, sneak, or hide away prob. 40% of the time. and in many cases they will bite.





Rats- are often selected as the BEST rodent, ( I have never had one) because they are more prone to illness and they will bite if they are not properly held/ trained and when you hold it (although less often than mice) they may run away.





Gerbils and Chinchillas- I have never had a Gerbil or Chinchilla and i supose chinchilla food would be hard to find but i can not give you any advice on theese 2 rodents! sorry!





But out of my expierience and research (to find me my perfect ';pocket pet'; I found that although for any one else i would sugest a guenie pig, my personal taste got me a mouse. Oh and i know for sure that mice, and guenie pigs prefer cage mates but they are not neccesary. For rats it is recommended for hamsters it is not.
rats! I've had two and recently bought two more. They're really gentle and if you go to a pet shop or breeder where the babies have been handled well, they should be comfortable around people as soon as you buy them. They don't bite and are have their own individual personalities. Males are slow and laid back whereas females tend to be more active but are prone to tumours so I recommend males and two of them because rats get lonely when they live alone.
Your description of the rodent that you want sounds exactly like a rat! I have 3 (and am fostering 2) and they have made me so happy. They give me kisses, sit on my shoulder, love to be pet, and love to be held. Its like having a dog and a cat all in one tiny furry rodent.





If a rat does interest you, I would suggest finding and adopting a rat in your area. There are so many homeless ratties out there needing a loving home.





For more info visit this site here:





www.dapper.com.au/
Definatley Guinea Pigs. They are very social.Some bite but never hard. I'm 13 and have been biten tons of times but their never any blood or sores. Its like a wimpy pinch. The only bad thing about Guinea Pigs is they liked to have cage mates. Besides that they don't need much care.
Guinea Pigs r very loveable and love to be held! If held often and given lots of love they won't bite. Other rodents can be friskey and had to pick up. Any rodent will bite if it is not given something to chew on such as a stick.
panda bear hamsters, honey bear hamsters, black bear hamsters ..they are both bred for temperament.





rats usually wont bite and neither do guinea pigs...just depends on their individual personalities..but those are the friendliest for sure
I would say a rat. My cousin has one and it is very friendly. It never bit anyone and it's very calm. I got to hold one at a pet store and it was nice too. They are also very smart, they can learn their names!
Guinea pigs they are very loving and lovable they attach on to the person thats around them the most i say guinea pigs are the best
Any pet can nip really. You should research on rodent rescue websites to see the the different types of care they each need.
i would say a rat even though i have a dwarf hamster.
rat fer sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment